Do you want to raise happy and robust children?Of course you do, but have you ever wondered why sometimes you feel your child is a bit annoying, why meltdowns always happen at the wrong time and in the wrong places - and why some children feel happier, stronger, and more robust than others? This workshop will provide you with some answers!
The fact is that Danish parents raise happy children who grow up to be happy adults who, in their turn, raise their own happy children. The theory maintains that by adopting any part of the Danish Way into your own parenting practice, you will have taken a big step towards creating happier, more robust children. And they will carry on this cycle of well-being with their own children.
Danish parenting is a whole philosophy of living, and in the workshop you will get a closer look at the Danish way and how it can help parents from all over the world achieve more life satisfaction. We will touch on topics like personal authenticity, reframing and the importance of calm, crisis-free time with family or Danish “hygge” (pronounced hooge!). The workshop offers a fascinating combination of scientific study, personal anecdote and revealing facts about Denmark.
The day starts with an introduction and a relaxed presentation. The workshop is built up round practical examples and concrete case stories that provide opportunities for self-reflection. We will round off the workshop with input from everyone. All the best and most important points will be highlighted and subsequently sent to you.
The workshop includes:
- An introduction to why Danes are ranked as the happiest people in the world
- A lecture by Iben Sandahl on the central theme of the workshop
- New strategies and practical parenting tools
- Reflection & practical exercises
- Studies in conflict management
- Studies in empathetic communication
- Questions and discussion
You will also receive:
- Workbook with exercises and tips
- Play The Danish Way’: Iben Sandahl’s second publication fresh from the printer’s!
- A better understanding of your own point of departure and why it matters
- A heightened awareness of how to establish close relations with a child
The workshop fee includes:
- Coffee, tea and a classic Danish lunch
- Meeting your peers who also find parenting / upbringing challenging
- Hope :-)
On signing up, you will receive all relevant information for the workshop. In case of cancellation up to a fortnight before, you will be refunded the whole workshop fee. After that period, there is no refund.
Dates for 2018: